5 Second look at Burn for You by J.T. Geissinger
A Quick Summary
- Bianca Hardwick is living her dream, she had opened a restaurant that is getting attention from Jackson Boudreaux, heir to a family bourbon dynasty.
- He hires her to cater a fundraiser and Bianca grows closer and closer to this prickly man. They come to an arrangement to help him keep his inheritance and to her pay for her mother’s medical bills.
- Going home to meet his parents all of Jackson’s secrets are revealed and Bianca helps him move on from his past.
My Take on the Book :
‘Beauty and the Beast’ meets ‘The Princess Frog’. Elements of a familiar story, but if you didn’t know that it was a re-telling, it would still be a great read.
Jackson “The Beast” Boudreaux is rich, gorgeous, and unbelievably rude to the staff at Chef Bianca Hardwick’s New Orleans restaurant. Bianca would sooner douse herself in hot sauce than cook for Jackson again, but when he asks her to cater his fund-raiser, Bianca can’t refuse, knowing the cash will help pay her mother’s medical bills. Then Jackson makes another outrageous request: Marry me. The unconventional offer includes an enormous sum—money Bianca desperately needs, even if it does come with a contract—and a stunning ring.
The heir to a family bourbon dynasty, Jackson knows the rumors swirling around him. The truth is even darker. Still, he needs a wife to secure his inheritance, and free-spirited, sassy Bianca would play the part beautifully. Soon, though, their simple business deal evolves into an emotional intimacy he’s built walls to avoid.
As the passion heats up between them, Bianca and Jackson struggle to define which feelings are real and which are for show. Is falling for your fake fiancé the best happy ending…or a recipe for disaster?
My Review of Burn for You by J.T. Geissinger
Chef Bianca Hardwick is trying her best to make a living doing what she loves. She opened her restaurant a few months ago and its a struggle to keep the doors open. Things only get worse for her when she finds out that her mother has cancer and the medical bills are staggering. What does she do? How is she going to pay for all of this and keep her dream alive?
Jackson “The Beast” Boudreaux is rich, gorgeous, and unbelievably rude. The heir to a family bourbon dynasty, Jackson knows the rumors swirling around him. The truth is even darker. Still, he needs a wife to secure his inheritance, and free-spirited, sassy Bianca would play the part beautifully. Soon, though, their simple business deal evolves into an emotional intimacy he’s built walls to avoid.
Who was the real Jackson Boudreaux? The Beast that snarled and snapped? The suave sophisticate at ease in front of crowds? Or the sad, lonely man with a mysterious tattoo and eyes full of bad memories?
Jackson is a man living in the past. He can’t see past the pain of past to see anything in front of him now, so when Bianca answers his awful temper and words with sass, Jackson is taken aback. He isn’t used to anyone speaking to him like she does.
He goes to her restaurant to see her food. Her entire menu centers around his family’s bourbon and he must know if the food lives up to his family’s reputation. Thier first meeting is full of barbs:
“And you, Mr. Boudreaux, are the reason the gene pool needs a lifeguard. Have yourself a nice evening.”
But after his caterer quiets weeks before his fundraiser, he is forced to ask for her help. The fundraiser is a huge success and he learns what his money is doing for Bianca. It’s going to pay for her mother’s medical bills.
Days later his father calls to inform Jackson that he is tired of waiting for Jackson to come home and take up the family business like he should have done years ago. Jackson must come home, marry, or lose everything. So, he knows of only one woman who could put up with his rude, curt, arrogant behavior–Bianca. So he’ll pay for her mother’s care if she agrees to marry. They move together and she sees the man behind the hard, mean, rude shell. He is a man locked in his past. Bianca grows to like him.
All of his secrets finally come out when they go home to meet his family. See Spoilers Jackson must come to grips with his past, his role in his family and forgive himself for his past. Bianca is there every step of the way to help him see things differently and move forward with his pain.
I liked this story and the Beauty and the Beast aspects of the story. But this is new and refreshing.
Want to see Spoilers?
- Jackson had an older brother that died in an accident. Jackson blames himself and knows that his position is the family false. His brother should be the heir to the company. So he ran from his responsibilities.
- Bianca confronts his parents. They are too worried that talking to Jackson about his pain will make him bolt and they will never see him again, so they just didn’t. She helps them all start the conversation that is long overdue.
- Bianca’s mother passes away while they are visiting his parents and the reason for them to stay together evaporates. In her grief, they break off everything, but Jackson takes care of her restaurant, her competition, her employees while she is lost to him.